The National Infocomm Scholarship offers outstanding ‘A’ level and diploma holders a wealth of exciting career opportunities at leading organizations. Pursue infocomm at renowned local and overseas universities and gain experience through job attachment opportunities both locally and overseas.
The four National Infocomm Scholarship categories are:
- Flagship Infocomm Masters Scholarship: Eight Flagship Infocomm Masters programmes are offered under the NIS. In collaboration with renowned local universities and overseas universities, the programme provides you with a choice of top quality courses to pursue an infocomm education and career. Graduates will be awarded both Bachelors and Masters degrees from the respective universities.
- Full Overseas Scholarship: Get closer to your dream career by pursuing a Bachelors degree at renowned overseas universities. Scholars with outstanding results will be further sponsored for post-graduate study*.
- Full Local Scholarship: Write your future by pursuing a Bachelors degree locally. Scholars with outstanding results will be further sponsored for post-graduate study
- Mid-Term Local/Overseas ScholarshipNEW: Grab the chance to embark on a spectrum of opportunities with NIS for outstanding graduates enrolled in an infocomm-related degree at a top local/overseas university.
*: Application for postgraduate study is subjected to the approval of IDA and NIS partner organisations.
Who Can Apply?
Existing undergraduates, ‘A’ level/IB/IP students and polytechnic graduates interested in studying infocomm-related courses, economics and law**
(**: course of study in economics and law are only applicable for candidates who intend to be placed with IDA only.)
For ‘O’ level students interested in studying infocomm-related diplomas at the polytechnics, please click here for the Integrated Infocomm Scholarship.
With the National Infocomm Scholarship, expect to enjoy the following:
Job placement upon graduation with prestigious organisations
National Infocomm Scholars will obtain a job placement with their sponsor company upon graduation. Kick-start your infocomm career with prestigious organisations and learn from the captains of the industry.
National Infocomm Scholarship Sponsor Organisations
Overseas/Local Work Attachments to give you a headstart
Attachments with prestigious organisations will position you at the forefront of industry development, allowing you to obtain a broader perspective of the trade and stand in good stead for your future career.
Fast track Bachelors-Masters Programmes with local and overseas universities
The Flagship Infocomm Masters programmes will give you the chance to study for your bachelor’s degree at a local university and obtain your masters degrees at reputable overseas universities in the time it takes to get one, such as Cambridge University, Carnegie Mellon University, Georgia Institute of Technology and Brown University.
|Flagship Infocomm Masters Programme
|SMU-Carnegie Mellon University Fast Track Programme
- Bachelor of Science (Information Systems Management)
- Master of Science (Information Technology)
|NUS-Carnegie Mellon University's College of Engineering Concurrent Programme in Commerce
- Bachelor of Computing (Honours)(Electronic Commerce)
- Master in Engineering and Technology Innovation Management
|NUS-Carnegie Mellon University's Entertainment Technology Centre Concurrent Programme in Interactive Digital Media
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Master of Entertainment Technology
|NUS-Brown University Concurrent Programme in Computational Biology
- Bachelor of Computing (Computational Biology)
- Scientiae Magister in Computational Science
|NUS-Brown University Concurrent Programme in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computing (Computer Science)
- Scientiae Magister in Computer Science
|NUS-Judge Business School, Cambridge University Concurrent Programme
- Bachelor of Computing (Information Systems)
- Master of Philosophy (Management)
|NTU-Georgia Institute of Technology Integrated Programme
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering/Science)
- Master of Science (Computer Science)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
- Master of Science (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Short bond period to give you greater freedom in charting your career path
Bond periods one to five years give you the freedom to seek fresh challenges and maximise your potential.
Talent Management Programme to upgrade yourself with industry-relevant skills
The Talent Management Programme (TMP) ensures that scholars are plugged into the latest infocomm developments. From courses to networking opportunities to mentoring, seminars and conferences, the TMP enhances your professional capabilities to enable you to enter the workforce as an asset to your employer.
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees
- One-time computer allowance
- Annual living allowances
- One-time settling-in, attachments allowances and return airfare for overseas attachment
- Warm clothing allowance
- Travel insurance, medical check-up, visa fees etc
For mid-term local/overseas scholarships, benefits are given upon the award of the scholarship.
Successful applicants will be required to serve a bond with a participating company for:
- Flagship Infocomm Masters Scholarship - 4 years
- Full Overseas Scholarship - 5 years
- Full Local Scholarship - 3 years
- Mid-Term Local/Overseas Scholarship - 1-4 years (dependent on the duration of sponsorship)
- Be a Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Foreigners***
- Have a good Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) record
- Possess a strong interest in an infocomm career
- For Full Scholarship - possess outstanding "A" Level or Polytechnic results
- For Mid-Term Local/Overseas Scholarship - existing undergraduates pursuing an infocomm-related degree at a top local/overseas university.
***: Foreigners have to become a Singapore Permanent Resident upon completion of studies.
Application opens from September to March annually.
For 2011 QS World University Rankings by Computer Science & Information Systems subjects, click here
For full details on the National Infocomm Scholarship Programme, click here
For the National Infocomm Scholarship FAQ, click here
Looking for an infocomm scholarship for 'O' level students from polytechnic studies through to university? Click here to find out more about the Integrated Infocomm Scholarship.