May lead a team of application programmers. Design details of sub-system specifications and produce component specifications. Ensure programmers develop according to specifications. Responsible for testing subsystems. Work with programmers to ensure components developed are in line with specifications. May be involved in programming.
- Translate business use cases and scenarios to technical specifications
- Develop system infrastructure design plan and appropriate development methodologies
- Develop detailed technical design and information architecture
- Analyse and report on design considerations and technical limitations of proposed solution
- Identify and manage the allocation of hardware and software
- Develop implementation guidelines and strategies in consultation with technical staff and management.
- Liaise and work with application programmers to ensure whatever is developed confirms to the specifications
- 2 to 4 years experience in software development or computer programming
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management of Information Systems or equivalent